Panorama of San Bernardino

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Family and rummy time

My big sis Roberta is flying down from Kansas City, Missouri today. I'm picking her up from the airport at 11 am. The last few days have been a flurry of activity. I've cleaned the house from top to bottom except my podcast studio which is a bedroom that is also my closet, and right now it's a twilight zone area where one might get swallowed by the piles of dresses I'm organizing (theoretically). 

Even though I have not seen Roberta in person for a few years, we talk often on the phone. I always call her when I need someone to cheer me up while calming me down. She's chill like that and super nurturing. 

If my dad was here, he would be so excited. My sister Roberta visiting is like my dad visiting in a way. She reminds me of him, mostly in the way she plays rummy, i.e., ruthlessly and callously. Being as nice as she is, it's amazing that she has no mercy when it comes to cards. I'm stopping by the dollar tree to get a deck (which I'll bless for luck) and when I say there's gonna be a lot of shit talking, I'm not exaggerating.

So Daddy, if you're looking down. Send me some aces along with a joker or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment