Panorama of San Bernardino

Monday, October 23, 2023

Day off

I have the day off and I plan on keeping busy. British baking show at 5 am. Breakfast with my mom at 8 am and I need to help her set up her television with Hulu. Then I'll read for my podcast Wednesday. Then a lunch meeting with a writer friend. Then pick up Chewbacca's medicine, and then go home and chill.

It sounds like a lot. And there's more I might do. I bought a cowgirl dress and it's a little snug on the top so I might ship it back. I have to return my cable boxes to UPS. But maybe I will do that Wednesday at lunch. And I have to get ready for Disneyland on Tuesday. 

I've just realized I've written my to do list via my blog. It's pedantic perhaps and tedious but this is my blog so just deal. I'm kidding. For those of you who read this, I suppose I do like to have an idea, or a thought that is the theme of my posts. Gratitude. Creativity. Love. Loss. Fear. Hope. 

But today, I'm saying forget all that. The rain is pounding on my roof and it's 5:55 am and I want another espresso. 

Perhaps that's the theme of all this. The moments fleet. They pass. Do as I say not as I do. Don't let time pass you by in a flurry. Just sit and relax and drink that espresso while holding the hand (or for me this AM, petting my dog's head) of the one you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment