Panorama of San Bernardino

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Why Write

I have probably tried to answer the question of why I write before. Yet, let me ask myself again, why do I write? 

I write because I must. I write because it feels real and true. I write because I have to see myself on the page to understand myself.

This has been a rough week. Work stuff had me all wrecked and stressed. I could feel my blood pressure rising. My temples pounded, so I took a deep breath. Then another and another.

It is all about how you look at it. I know I'm a hard worker and a good lawyer. I try to be kind, and helpful. But sometimes, you have to put boundaries. It's okay not to be liked. I'd rather be respected at this point and heard.

My people pleasing days are over. I am learning the art of not giving a whit about what others think of me. 

So yesterday, after a chaotic, very long work day, I meditated. I prayed. I visualized. My blood pressure went down to normal, 120 over 70. Then, this morning I wrote. 

And that my friends, is why I write. It may seem like I'm writing about nothing. But really, seriously, it's everything. 



No comments:

Post a Comment