Panorama of San Bernardino

Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Under pressure

Lately, I've been lacking writing motivation. I think I'm spent. Tired of it all. Work is hectic and that is taking a lot of my focus and I think that's okay. You can't do everything or have everything or be everything to everyone.

What is it in me that makes me strive to always please everyone? I've been saying I'm going to pull back, do less, but it's really hard. I'm naturally social and a yes person. But I have said no to some summer events. I just need a few months where I am not so impacted. 

So where am I going now? What will I be doing? Well I got work, and my podcast till mid June (we're on a month hiatus in July) and I have to finish my screenplay because my coach gave me a deadline. I think that is enough. Enough already. 

The pressure I put on myself is more than anyone could understand. I'm already asking myself, where's the next book, the next project, the next "something"?

And the answer is, I don't know.


No comments:

Post a Comment