Panorama of San Bernardino

Friday, May 12, 2023

Breathing room

It's been quite a whoosh of a last couple of years. It's been a doozie. I keep saying that. But it has. I've been so lucky to have a lot of things come together. I've performed so many times this year. I've blurbed books. I've curated events. I've even done seminars and found that more reflective voice where I'm me and not the performer. Well, I'm always kind of a ham, but I am trying to find the balance and still not take myself too seriously.

What I haven't had recently is time to breathe. I work full-time yet still write. I write for my MFA workshop which just ended where I wrote a couple of long form essays for an eventual collection. I started a script. And I write this blog of course too. Yet everything's always a rush, and I'm always time constrained because what I haven't had time for is to sit, chill, relax and write. That place, when I have room to breathe, is my best space. 

So soon, I'm taking a hiatus from the events, and all of the performing and podcasting to do me. I have a concert week lined up because that always inspires me to no end. We're hoping to go on vacation. I'll put the phone away because I'm gonna write, and write then write some more. 

And live baby. I'm gonna just live.

No comments:

Post a Comment