Panorama of San Bernardino

Saturday, October 29, 2022

Tonight on the inside

Tonight, I am seeing Danny Elfman live in the pit at the Hollywood Bowl. This is the epitome of Halloween. It is Danny Elfman for pete's sake. Former lead singer of Oingo Boingo and creator of the Nightmare Before Xmas soundtrack which is like a Halloween goth girl bible. 

So I am ready. Last night, he did ten Oingo Boingo songs. I'm hoping for eleven. My favorite "Oingo" song is "On the Outside". It's from their Only a Lad album and captures how us "outsiders" feel. I've written about that song in this blog before.

For me, Oingo Boingo is one of the backbones of 1980s music. It is new wave, it is a lil punk, and started out in 1979 as very experimental and theatrical. 

As a fifty something year old woman who is just finding her performing side, and true voice, I am going to use this night as inspiration to remember how music is, and will always be, my muse.

So let's dance! It's a dead man's party people!



No comments:

Post a Comment