Panorama of San Bernardino

Saturday, October 1, 2022

October Moon

Last night, I drove to Venice for an event at a literary theater/nonprofit called Beyond Baroque. It's a super cool venue. A few of us writers from the Macondo Workshop were reading stories about family and then we were doing a Q and A on craft. The event wasn't until 8 pm, but I left a little early to meet my friend for dinner. We had pizzas at a little Italian place down the street.

After dinner, we walked back to Beyond Baroque and I met up with everyone for a sound check. Then it was time to start. It went quite well. We had a nice turnout. The two hours flew by. The readings were incredible. Each reader had a different spin on tales of family. I was so impressed by the writers on the stage, all of whom I'd known and admired for years. I felt humbled to be included among them.

It is surreal really. That I get to do this. A community of writers is something I always dreamed to be part of and now that I am part of a writing community, communities really, I can hardly believe it. I don't feel worthy most days, but I'm trying not to block myself with negative self talk or imposter syndrome. Instead, I just tell myself that I am good enough. Because I may not be everyone's cuppa tea, but maybe, just maybe, I am at least some people's double espresso treat.

Today, my goal is to decompress, regroup and get ready for my birthday in less than a week. My goal is to visualize and meditate on what I want this next year to be. I think it's gonna be a big year. Not just because I'm turning 51. It's more a feeling in my soul that something huge is awaiting me, right beyond my view of the horizon. 

Amazingly enough, I'm very happy where I am in my life. Very grateful. Overjoyed really. Overwhelmed and over the moon.




No comments:

Post a Comment