Panorama of San Bernardino

Sunday, October 9, 2022

Life goes on

Life is so wonderful yet strange. I'm 51 years old and yet, I feel so much younger in my head. If you would have asked me where I would be at this age, I might have said married with kids and a law career. Instead, I'm married with no kids and have two careers, a law career by day and a writing career on the weekends.

Now this might not everybody's cup of tea. But it's mine. Writing to me feels organic and cosmic. Performing feels true to me. I can lose myself in both and when I disappear and I am just in the moment and doing, that's where the magic lies.

This next year should be even more exciting. My goal is to start the staging of the play of my memoir. At the very least, I would like to do a table read. Then it's screenplay time. There are also more projects in the works. I have a fiction piece of flash that I've been working on, and I'll be helping to curate a few more events. There's my blog that I would eventually like to turn into a book of essays, as well as my podcast that I'd like to convert to audio so that I can stream it on different applications. 

What I have realized is that life goes on and we either roll with it or get lost in the mundaneness of life. So I'm gonna rock and roll with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment