Panorama of San Bernardino

Friday, October 2, 2020

Constellations

I walked the dogs in the dark this morning. I could see the constellations in the sky. They twinkled like a beacon that was put there just for me. The stars made me sigh. I thought about how small we are in the universe.

I'd been up early writing my memories. I have a new schedule where I write early morning, sometimes beginning at 4 am. It is working. Words are pouring out of me again. I feel the universe telling me to write, write and then write some more. It helps that I'm taking a MFA workshop class and have pieces due. I work well on deadlines.

Yesterday was a bad day at work. A very bad day. By the time I walked in the door, I was slumped over with a blinding migraine. Finishing up my calendar notes from home, I ate a little then fell into bed at 7 pm.  I slept as if I was in a coma. No dreams.

My eyes popped open at 4 am. I got up. I turned on my computer. Started typing. Typed for an hour straight.

The good news is that I have next week off. I am finally taking a staycation. I plan on writing. And, gazing at the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment