Panorama of San Bernardino

Saturday, September 26, 2020

The year of being content

I pledge starting today to be content. Happy. Grateful.

It's 1 am and I'm lying with my dog Frodo at my feet. My other fur monster Chewie is snoring.

I'm reading and writing. I just started my part-time online MFA program and even though I'm only taking one class, it is rejuvenating me. I'm happy.

Writing has always been one of my great loves. Nonfiction memoir is my genre and it moves me. Writing, reading and editing is my passion. It's so much fun. The energy of it. The brain power it requires. The focus.

I woke up at midnight tonight and started reading a book about a garden in France called "French Dirt". It was written by my writing professor. The book made me remember how much my Dad loved gardening. And it made me think of my trip to France last year.

I decided to start writing this piece to capture what I am feeling. The feeling that, for the first time in a long time, I'm content. To just be.



No comments:

Post a Comment