Panorama of San Bernardino

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Relaxing (in pandemic times)

When will this pandemic all end? Will it ever end?

If you had asked me in March, I would have said by the summer. If you had asked me in summer, I would have said, by fall. Now it's fall, and there's no end in sight.

There's only so much Prime and Netflix you can watch. I've binged multiple seasons of Ru Paul's Drag Race (in all of its iterations). I just rewatched Gilmore Girls (all 7 seasons and the four episode update/reboot) for the third time and I'm savoring episodes of the latest season of the Great British Baking Show.

I've worked crazy work hours and finally found a schedule. Early morning to late afternoon. 

But right now I'm on a staycation. I have plenty to do. I'm doing a Zoom presentation for a journal, I'm working on my book and I have homework. Plus I can always plan my future video podcasts. 

My dogs are estatic I'm home yet, I'm anxious. I'm off kilter. I don't know who I am any longer. What happened to me? To all of us? Is there a meaning to all of this? What am I meant to learn?

The secret I've decided is to just let it all go. All of it. Just take a deep breath I tell myself. Stop controlling everything. Just chill out. Relax.

Relax watching the bakers make pastry, relax watching Lorelai drink coffee and relax watching Emily in Paris. Relax listening to my dogs fight. Relax watching the sun rise and set. 

Just relax dammit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment