Panorama of San Bernardino

Monday, January 22, 2024

Raindrops and more

Rain keeps falling. It's pitter pattering on the roof. I hear the drops hitting the windows. I find the sounds peaceful, almost like a song. 

The rain lulls my mind. I've been up for the last half hour reading Oxford scholarly articles on Hamlet and madness for a research project for class. I find it fun. I keep changing my mind regarding which one to use and summarize for my class.  I eventually decide on one that maps the intricacy of Hamlet's thought patterns.

My mom is here. She's sleeping on the futon snoring as I write this blog on my couch. Chewbacca came downstairs with me and now he's sleeping too.

Life is a funny thing. Life's changed so much for me. I have slowed down a lot. There's many less concerts. Less travel. Less chaos. I have a lot more "at home" time, but I like it. I adore taking a master class in Shakespeare (it's rated as an elective for my creative writing MFA program), although I find it challenging. I do my homework on the weekends and early morning during the week. 

I've learned that I am a natural student, and love school. It's my happy place, and it feels natural. Before I went to law school, I'd considered getting a doctorate in English Literature and I think I would have loved it. Yet, I also think I chose the right path. Is there a wrong path? Or are they just different paths?

The rain is still falling and the rhythm has changed. It's louder. Almost like a drum. Beckoning the listener to tap along. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment