Panorama of San Bernardino

Saturday, December 30, 2023

New Year's Day

 It is almost a new year. I'm hopeful that 2024 will be the best year yet. I've pledged to work on my health, wellness and of course, finish another book.

My memoir took over a decade to write and more than fifteen years to publication. Once you've written one book, you realize how it becomes a routine and a second one is possible. It's never easy. Writing a book is a hard, arduous task that is about focus, determination and most of all, visualization. It's about belief and faith. 

Some people use belief and faith as synonyms. But I see them differently. Belief is, in my opinion, about knowing I can do it because I've done it before. I've proven I can do it. On the other hand, faith is a knowing that it's possible without any proof. See https://ethicsdefined.org/opinion/faith-vs-belief/. Faith is what kept me going the first time around and it keeps me going now because there are no certainties in life.

I spent the last few days in Vegas with my husband and the moms. It was pretty low key. We saw a movie, went to a show, had a nice dinner or two, and gambled and drank a little. It was a lot of fun. 

But I also had some time to think. To ruminate. To chill out and relax. And I realized something. Every day is a new day, and this new year offers 365 days of hope filled possibilities. You just have to reach out and grab them. Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment