Panorama of San Bernardino

Thursday, December 7, 2023

I have all the time in the world

Recently, I saw Depeche Mode in Vegas. It was a beautiful show but they didn't go on until 9 pm and we got to the venue at 6 pm. My bedtime is 830 pm most nights so by the time they went on, I was exhausted, my back hurt and I was drinking water and Diet Coke.

I'm slowly realizing some things. First, I may have time left and lots of things I want to do with it. But I don't want to spend my time doing things I don't love. Or things that annoy me. And I don't want to spend time with people who don't appreciate me. Or be in places that make me anxious. All I want really is to be happy.

Happiness is an elusive concept I know. Yet I also think it's simple. Happiness is simplicity. It's about making your life purposeful, but not complicated. Really it's about not caring what others think about what you do and going with your gut and not seeking approval. 

I've always been a people pleaser and no more I say. I'm sick of worrying what others think of me. Maybe I'm getting old and ornery. Truth is, all I can think is forget it. Forget what the world thinks of you. Just do you. Just be you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment