Panorama of San Bernardino

Saturday, November 11, 2023

Today and Tomorrow

It is 4 am. I went to bed at 7 pm last night. The night before, my dog had an attack at 3 in the morning and I couldn't go back to bed. I was wrecked all day. I felt sluggish. Slow. Tired. I said, "I wish I could just sleep ten hours and wake up tomorrow".  

So I did. Well I slept nine hours. Close enough if you add in the nap I took in the afternoon.

Sleep is everything to me. The older I get, the more I need it to function, especially to write. I don't always sleep well. When we travel, I barely sleep at all. I have a tough time without my own bed and my dog snoring in his bed by me. There's a comfort in it. I cuddle up in my Ralph Lauren cotton comforter. It's thick and warm.

I've been thinking a lot about what I need. Not what I want. What do you need to be content? I mean really need? I think I often confuse want with need and I'm starting to realize that I don't need much to be happy. 

Today I will focus on today and not the future. I am trying to live in the present. I try to no longer live in the past or focus too much, because we all must in some ways, on the future. 

Today is today. The sun will set today. The sun will rise tomorrow. Dream big dreams while you sleep and when you wake up, live. Just live.





No comments:

Post a Comment