Panorama of San Bernardino

Saturday, May 7, 2022

Truly

So I started writing this blog thinking of nothing. I'm on my phone just typing it out. 

It's been a rough couple weeks. I overextended myself. My work as a deputy public defender has been hectic and even tragic and sad. It kind of took over my mood. But, despite it all, my writing self had to honor her commitments. 

On Wednesday, I took the day off and drove to Pasadena/Altadena for a reading event at LitFest and didn't get home until late. The next day, I had court and after work, I hocked my books at a Cinco de Mayo street fair that took place at the Riverside library. I also got to watch the one man show/monologue play by Carlos Cortes. It was inspiring.

Yes, I was still melancholy but the writing promotion work helped. It lifted me out of my despair. I interacted with other writers and saw some old friends and just took some deep breaths. 

Then, my teacher in my MFA program gave me feedback on my semester long project, an adaptation of my YA memoir into a stage play. It was amazingly supportive feedback and suddenly I was happy again. It made me realize how truly creative I am. And I want to live a creative and artistic life. Truly I do. Truly. 



No comments:

Post a Comment