Panorama of San Bernardino

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

I just don't know what to do with myself...

What am I gonna do with myself? I just don't know. I'm done with school for the semester. I turned my final project in. I have no more readings scheduled or appearances for the near future. My podcast airs only once a month so that's not too bad.

It feels off putting to have nothing on the writing and promotion horizon. Maybe I just need to relax. Take the summer off from running myself ragged. Watch my health and wellness. Focus on work and my hubby and dogs.

Yet, I still need something creative to focus on. Or a performance to look forward to. Maybe just one more performance/reading... 

Why not? Life is short, fleeting, and for me, I love the connection I make when I read. Although I don't always lose myself in it. There are times I'm nervous as hell and self conscious. But when I can disappear, I love it. I get it now. I get it. It's intoxicating to lose yourself in your art. To feel yourself fade away. Yeah. Yeah.  

Better than any libation or drug. It's magic.


No comments:

Post a Comment