Panorama of San Bernardino

Friday, May 20, 2022

Changin

There's a Stevie Nicks lyric that says "Well I've been afraid of changing because I've built my life around you. But time makes you bolder..."

That's how I feel about life in general. Most of us have plans. But what's that old saying? How do you make God laugh? Make plans.

I never thought I would be here. At this crossroads. Loving my writing life so much that it's overshadowing my attorney life. I have merged them to some extent but it's not enough. I'm a creative. A performer. An artist. It sounds a bit presumptuous I know. But I don't care. Fuck it. Because when I'm working on a story, I lose myself. It's not work. It's not. It's persistence. I'm present. And no one suffers, unlike in my work public defender life. It's joy. It's why I'm here. Know that.

So I just keep asking the universe to show me the way. I'm willing to do it. To jump. Maybe it's time to take the plunge. And fly free.

No comments:

Post a Comment