Panorama of San Bernardino

Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Multi-hyphenated and a dream catcher

The other day, someone referred to me as a multi-hyphenate. I had never heard the term. I had to look it up. Was it because of my last name being Mantz-Pelaez? But I looked it up and it turns out that it means a creative who does many things well. 

What a compliment, I thought. That person really "sees" all I do. Podcasting, writing, performing, and curating. Not to mention my day job as a deputy public defender. I don't know if I do it all that well, but I try.

When I think of where I want to be in the next few years, I know this. I want to be a creative full-time. Yes, I know it's difficult to monetize, almost impossible. But impossibilities have always been my forte.

How do I get there is the question? I decide to read my moon cards. They tell me that my dreams need a practical plan. Ain't that the truth! 

Dreams are great and all, and it's definitely necessary to visualize and imagine. I know one thing for sure, all dream catching requires a pragmatic approach and a to do list. And lots of hard work. So here we go . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment