Panorama of San Bernardino

Sunday, June 18, 2023

Simplicity

It's Sunday. I have to take Chewbacca to the groomer. But first, expresso. I make it with a simple, small machine that I saw in our hotel in France years back. It takes expresso pods only. The thing is, the more complicated the machine, the more likely it is to break.

Life is like that too. Simplicity is best. Too much is too much. My life had been too much for too long. So much that I couldn't write. I felt depleted. Recently, I've pulled back and slowly, and surely, the urge and zest to write is returning. 

I'm trying not to say yes to everything like I would before, but it's hard. Saying yes resulted in so many great opportunities and experiences. Life changing and affirming events. But I started to realize that because I was saying "yes" to everything and everyone, I couldn't truly ever be present at the key events. I was too tired.

Now, I try and keep focused on what is really important to me. The podcast for example is important, but it needs to change and grow. I need time for that and for school. I want to finish this century so I'm taking two MFA classes next semester. I have one big event I'm planning in September at Beyond Baroque, and one small appearance this summer at a good friend's book party. 

That's it. With work, it's more than enough. My goal is to restart my writing at 5 am. That's my best time. One expresso and I go. Fingers to keys. No one to stop me but me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment