Panorama of San Bernardino

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Living the dream

Thinking about my dad today. About how he is gone except in my memories. I wonder what he would think if he could see me now. Perhaps he might drawl, "Jenny keep living those dreams."

Yesterday, I ran around all day. A signing at Barnes & Noble went till 4 pm. I met so many cool people that I didn't want to leave. Then I took my mom (who had went with me to keep me company) to a quick dinner at Cafe Rio and still had to get her home. 

I didn't walk in my house until almost seven and had another event beginning soon online. It was a lot. But also a lot of joy. And espresso.

Chewbacca (my shih tzu) was sulking from not seeing me all day, so he refused to guest host my IG with me. But luckily, my good friend Lucy really shined by co hosting with me and interviewing me! I was in the hot seat. Well not so hot thank goodness because it rained so my podcast studio was cooled down. And Lucy asked fantastic questions. 

Of course, as with all IG live, there were tech issues, but we went with the flow & we worked it out. That is what it's about. Being present, prepared and just doing it. Perfection is a myth.

Next weekend, I'm running around again. I have a reading in Pasadena on Saturday and on Sunday afternoon, another group reading at a brewery in San Dimas.   

Then I have a weekend off to spend with my husband Adrian. It's important that I balance my writing events with time for my love. He's everything to me and a big supporter. It must be hard at times for me to be gone all weekend, but he knows, I'm living the dream, one that I've wanted forever and ever. 

And on that note, today I'm applying to the residency at Hedgebrook!

So here's to you. Us. Life. What are your dreams? Share it with me. And how to visualize them into reality.



No comments:

Post a Comment