Panorama of San Bernardino

Thursday, March 3, 2022

Poem at 3:17 am

Life is snuffed out short 

sometimes

Or snuffed out long

sometimes

Me-well my life 

is longer than I thought

Years ago 

I came home

Dad was sick

then dead

I came back

simple as that

Here I lay

thinking of him

staring at the ceiling

at three am

Not much has changed

or maybe everything

You see-I stopped running 

back then, stayed put

To this day, I stayed

Now I just sit, write 

and write again

about the same old things

over and over till I'm spent

I listen to all my favorite albums

play Ziggy Stardust on repeat 

Until life spins me

to tell my tales

To weak to resist 

the pull of diving 

into memories

Like into a deep pool 

of blue shimmering water

Hoping always

or at least most always

not to drown

in the reflection 

No comments:

Post a Comment