Panorama of San Bernardino

Thursday, March 17, 2022

Create!

Sunday. My head is splitting. A migraine is coming on. My neck hurts. My back aches. I've been working on my play adaptation and I get a little manic then crash.

Hours later, after an advil and a bath tub meditation, I feel better. Lately, work's been hard, and on the weekends I'm booked with writing events and my homework for my MFA class. I never stop. The other day, with work all day and a writing meeting in the evening, I worked for 14 hours straight with no lunch break. 

Boundaries need to resurface. Down time. Breathe. Breathe. 

Yet, it's also an exciting time. My play adaptation is coming along. I cross my fingers that it sings. I think it does but because I've never done this, I'm a bit insecure. 

Adaptation is something I've always wanted to do but never realized it's difficulty. I have a whole new admiration for playwrights. It's about envisioning the stage. The movements and setting. The characters. To bring my dad to life would be a dream come true. First, I've done it on the page and now, on the stage. You all know by now, I miss him so.

So let's end on this friends. Try to find your joy in life and practice empathy and kindness. 

But most of all, create! Write, write, and write some more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment