Panorama of San Bernardino

Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Today

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. I'm gonna be present and enjoy it. 

I usually have a "to do" list an arm long. I'm efficient. Task orientated. On track. Responsive. My job as a deputy public defender demands it. 

But I'm throwing that away today. I'm gonna live, be and do. 

Yesterday, I got home from work and fell asleep at 6 o'clock! I just fell into bed exhausted. My day starts early you see. I was up at 5 am doing a final edit on my book. 

So by the time I got to work at what some still consider "early", I was wide awake and ready. I was so busy I didn't even take a break. I worked through lunch eating my cheese and crackers box at my desk. 

Suffice to say, when I got home last night, I was beat.

No more. Every day is precious. I'm gonna take a breath. Many breaths. Every day. There is no hurry and no need to stress and "rush" through life. 

Your work will get done. It will. You are a doer but you are not a robot. Just live. Every day. Live with the wonder of life in your eyes, as if today is your first day here. Make it matter. 

Let me repeat that: Make it matter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment