Panorama of San Bernardino

Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Happiness is a warm cup of coffee

It's Christmas time. I've decorated. Finally. Threw my back out wrapping presents. Medicated with a cold beer, my first in weeks. 

Coffee is my go to now. I love it. I've realized that alcohol has to be limited for me to the occasional indulgence or not at all. I might fall off the cliff otherwise. 

Truth is, I'm happier without it. Healthier. Clear headed. Even last night, after singing a few songs, I wanted the buzz to wear off so I drank a Diet Coke and a water and went to bed. 

I woke up at 2 am. Fully awake. I didn't fall back asleep until 4 am. 

I got up again at 6 am. I relished my cup of coffee listening to John Lennon croon. "Love is old, love is new..."

Talked to my twin. My mom called me. I fed the dogs and sanitized the counters. Thought to myself, I'll have another. Cup of coffee that is. Half and half, two sugar cubes. 

Whole lotta lumps. 

Merry Christmas friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment