Panorama of San Bernardino

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Rain

There is rain falling outside. I can hear it splashing against the house. It has been raining for hours. It is hard rain. Fast rain. I light my meditation candle. 

Rain has always made me want to stay home. To cuddle under a blanket and drink coffee all day. 

Rain makes me think of how, as a kid, it rained much more than it does now. I remember walking to school with an umbrella in elementary school. The rain sloshing my feet. Jumping in puddles. 

Rain makes me remember our house growing up. The one with the pool that the bank took out from under us. I remember swimming in the pool when it rained. My parents yelling at us later that we could have been hit by lightening. 

Rain makes me think of grief. Of funerals. 

Rain makes me melancholy and it makes me shiver. Kinda like life at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment