Panorama of San Bernardino

Saturday, December 5, 2020

Snow globe

It's Saturday morning and I'm up at 5 am. I can't help myself. My eyes pop open. It's probably because I fell asleep at 7 pm. 

Things are in a weird dystopian phase. There's a vaccine on the horizon with a lockdown looming. I'd prefer to sleep the next month away. We all know I can't.

Thursday in court was stressful. But that is my job. My clients need me. I want things to go back to normal. Pre-pandemic, I took much for granted, from concerts to get togethers to brunch to sitting by my clients without a mask in court.

Will life ever go back to normal? Maybe not. Perhaps I have been irreparably transformed into a homebody. Is that a bad thing? I'm not so sure. 

All I do know is that I don't feel the same restlessness I used to feel at the prospect of the next three weekends inside. I am trapped inside a snow globe without snow. I look through my real and virtual windows at the world outside. I marvel at its beauty and at times, its lack thereof.

And then I snuggle under the covers and go back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment