Panorama of San Bernardino

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Baby it's cold outside

It feels like a dark winter is here. The virus is spreading in California like wildfire in a dry field. It's getting closer and closer to home. 

I wake up early. I can't sleep anymore. It's as if the weight of the world is on my chest. Over and over I tell myself to be positive because I want to have faith that everything will be OK. Will it?

The things that comfort me are my dogs, the Christmas tree and soft music in the background, candles and a warm bed. I want to huddle under my blankets for the rest of the month. But I can't. We all can't. Some people have to go to work, but truth is, I don't want to go outside. 

It's too cold figuratively speaking. It's scary. Terrifying really.

They should make up adjectives for a post pandemic world. New words for a novel world.

So my friends, stay healthy and indoors, as much as you can. Appreciate the moments you have with your immediate family. Call your friends. And be safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment