Panorama of San Bernardino

Thursday, August 10, 2023

The hours

Today is a good day. Yesterday was a good day. It's been a good week. A bunch of good things have happened recently.

The fog that had me these last months has lifted. That anxiety that sometimes overwhelms me has abated.

And the shoe never dropped. Weird right? To think something bad will happen when all is good is like letting Voldemort into your life by speaking his name. Not a good idea. 

I'm trying to stop being fatalistic. The thing is, I had put so much pressure on myself this last year. There's so much I want to do. But I also need to realize how much I'm already doing. And I need to be happy and content where I am and with what the universe has gifted me with. 

The rain is falling outside. I listen to the pitter patter on the roof. I hear a faucet drip. I watch my dog sleep by my feet as I drink my coffee. His breathing calms me. 

I'm sitting here in the hours (as my friend Hannah would say) and it feels good. Damn good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment