Panorama of San Bernardino

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

2023

I've been thinking and trying to visualize what this year will look like for me. The last two years, really three, have been a whirlwind. What with Covid, my surgeries, my books, the highs and lows of performing, my podcast, school, work stress and my beloved dog Frodo passing away, I can't really believe it. 

About a year ago, I started praying for change. Especially with regards to work. That old saying, don't ask for what you want, you just might get it, is too true. Things are changing. I'm moving units and although I haven't officially moved yet, it should happen soon. It's scary. I have been doing a practice in mental health for years and years. But I have to think that change is good. Meaningful. Important. Something good will come out of this, I just know it.

There's other change in the air as well. I need to work on my health and life balance. Cut out toxins. I am middle aged. Say that three times and click your heels together and you just might turn into a round, withered pumpkin. Some days, I feel good, then others, I feel as if I'm twenty years older than I am.

Most of all, I want to be happy this year. Present. Kind. Cheerful. Can you fake cheer? I can't so if I'm cheerful, I'm usually happy.

And the biggest thing of all, is my writing. I write in stolen bits. Right now at 430 am. Some days at midnight. Or two in the morning. But I write to see. To see me. It's my looking glass. I'll continue this love affair with the mighty pen and turn it inward again. I'm going to be writing an adaption of my books into a screenplay. A new genre. A new me. 

We shall see where this goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment