Panorama of San Bernardino

Friday, August 19, 2022

Truth be told

I share a lot on here. I know this. This blog is a little window into my soul. It is a window I've created here. You get a peek. But no one knows anyone really do they? Or maybe they do. 

This has been a hard week. I've decided to take a semester off from school. With work, my health issues, losing Frodo, my podcast and my book promotion, it was just too much. I didn't have the bandwidth. 

Plus, even though it was just one class, it stressed me out. On my day off, I spent all day on homework. The unnamed teacher was vague yet demanding. Her book length syllabus and Moodle page were unintelligible and there were so many rules and different instructions and assignments. My foggy brain could not handle it. I read her syllabus multiple times and still did not get the homework right. I thought, was it me? I don't think so. 

And so I went with my instincts and decided, life is short, why pay money to be tortured especially when I'm doing this only for me. My advisor was understanding and after I jumped through a number of hoops, he gave me a leave of absence for the semester.

Now, I'm not criticizing the unnamed workshop professor, or maybe I am. Maybe that class just wasn't for me. Maybe, I'm just too old for this shit. Surely. I can't do nonsense. My goal is to make my life better not worse and if something doesn't bring me joy, and especially if I'm paying them to do it, forget it. 

So I let it go. Or maybe I'm letting it go now. 

Here I am. Telling my truth. As usual, probably too much information. But if you see me, you know why. It's because I have to share my words. On the page. I know no other way to be me. 

Thanks for reading. 


No comments:

Post a Comment