Panorama of San Bernardino

Friday, August 5, 2022

Goodbye Frodo

 I am so heartbroken today. My eyes are swollen from so many tears. I'm so sad. 

I can't even talk about how the day went because it was a very bad day, but yesterday my shih tzu Frodo passed away. He was suffering. I had to let him go. But I'm devastated. If I could only have him one more day. I would do anything for that. 

Chewbacca is laying here with me. We go downstairs. I watch him searching the house for Frodo. He walks all over the living room looking for his buddy. I tell him, "Frodo is in heaven." He goes to lay down on Frodo's blanket and puts his head on his paws and sighs and whines. Does he understand?

All I know right now is this. I'm shattered. 15 years. I had Frodo for so long. Once, he was here. Now he's gone. I thought with all of my losses that I had learned to grieve. But I haven't. Not a bit. 

I wasn't prepared for this kind of pain. Or for the emptiness of the house without my hobbit Frodo. A black and white shih tzu. A prince among dogs. You are missed. Oh how you are missed dear friend. My Frodo. 




No comments:

Post a Comment