Panorama of San Bernardino

Thursday, April 7, 2022

Talk talk

It's 3 am. I lay blinking at the ceiling.

Last night, after my podcast, I had a soda water and a tortilla with cheese. I don't call it a quesadilla because I was too hungry to let the cheese melt. Just a charred flour tortilla with a piece of cold cheese.  

No beer. Yes I was tempted but it wasn't needed. I'm trying to moderate and abstain when I can. I'm a work in progress on that.

Coming down after a show is hard. I'm amped up on caffeine. My andrenalin is high. Usually, I can't fall asleep until midnight. I used to drink a couple beers after to wind down. But no more.

Last night, I was so tired after a hectic full day of working through my lunch then afternoon court then readying for my podcast, that I conked out at ten pm. My neck was killing me. I'd spent all day hunched over my computer prepping today's calendar (my cases for court today) which is a doozie. I mean all day. Hours and hours reading reports.  Reviewing files. The day before I spent the afternoon at southwest jail visiting a high needs client.

So here I am. Thinking about the chaos filled day before me. Wide awake. Now it's 4 am. Lingering in the panic is not helpful. I breathe instead. Will my mind to stop spinning like a top.

What would I do without you dear blog? Dear reader? You take me outta my head. You help me clear my mind to write. You let me process it all. And document.

So for now, back to slumber I go. For another couple hours I hope. Then I'll awake to a busy day. Buzz buzz. 

Talk talk. Fizz fizz. Oh what a relief it is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment