Panorama of San Bernardino

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Soundtrack

Listening to Bowie as I do every morning drinking my coffee, and then some Pink Floyd, & Queen, I think about the soundtrack to my life.

It starts with my dad who introduced me to Loretta Lynn, Johnny Cash and Waylon Jennings, and some Buddy Holly. Then some girl groups from the fifties and sixties, some Elvis, Beatles, and then some bubblegum pop, namely Shawn Cassidy who I fell for hook, line and sinker. 

Next Olivia Newton John, Pat Benatar and of course, the Go-Gos and Joan Jett. Next, Duran Duran, Wham UK, and later The Smiths, Joy Division, Oingo, U2, Violent Femmes, and the Alarm. And of course, The Cure, the Sex Pistols, Adam & the Ants, the Buzzcocks, Patti Smith, Iggy Pop and Peter Murphy. The Replacements, and Pixies. Hello Siouxsie anyone? She changed my world. 

X. My fave letter of the alphabet. And of course, Bowie. 

I was so Radio ga ga. It was not background noise. It was everything to  me. Still is. Everything. It is the soundtrack to my life. 

One day, I'm gonna write a book about the memories around my favorite songs.... just wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment