Panorama of San Bernardino

Monday, January 17, 2022

Today

Today is gonna be ok. I'm anxious. A day off. Another doctor appointment and then I gotta take my mom-in-law for bloodwork and then meet my BFF to try and find a dress for my book party. 

Usually, I would think fun, we can get some drinks after, but I'm on a quest to give up alcohol. So instead, I'm looking forward to food. Now the problem will be, eventually I know, that food will become my crutch so I've decided I gotta start exercising.

For the last 2 plus years, my only exercise has been picking up a pen. That's not a bad thing. I'm so proud of my YA memoir novel I just finished. It's called "Tales of an Inland Empire Girl." 

The first signing for my book this weekend at Barnes and Noble was so much fun. It felt surreal. I was out of breath from the excitement. They gave me free coffee, they put up a sign, I had a lil table, my family and many of my friends came by and I met new people and their high school aged children who bought the book. 

I sold a reasonable amount of books. And yes I want to sell more. Not for the money. I just want everyone to read it. To love it. Like I do. It's my book baby created, as I've said before, out of the spiderwebs of childhood memories all sewn back together.

So today, I gotta remember this, is just one day. I gotta take it one step at a time, in my combat boots of course. And walk a couple of extra steps for good measure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment