Panorama of San Bernardino

Friday, March 10, 2023

Rumblings

I'm here in Seattle. It's 4 am. I've been up since 3 am after falling into bed at 9 pm last night.

My stomach has been acting up all week. Whatever I eat bothers it. It's not fun. Usually intestinal distress is caused by stress. Am I stressed? I don't feel stressed although I am a bit tired, maybe even exhausted. It's fun as an extrovert to see so many people. But maybe it's too much stimuli and being "on" for hours straight is too much for me. I can do an hour or two. And I'm not even doing many evening events.

Yesterday, was fun. I spent the AM hanging out at the Inlandia table. So many people came by! Old friends, new friends, young kids and by "young kids", I mean twenty somethings.  

I kept thinking, some of these people look so damn young. I'm what's called an old whipper snapper

I didn't even get to walk the Bookfair or go to any seminars. Or readings. There wasn't time. After lunch, and by lunch I mean a sad cold turkey sandwich from a stand, I ran home to hang with hubby and go to the pop museum and then the space needle. Both were awesome. Then we went back to the hotel, ordered a pizza and crashed. 

I have to be in good form today. I have two readings. One in the morning. One in the evening. I'm a bit edgy about them. I don't get nervous but I do get a weird buzz, and am always a little overeager and excited. I always tell myself, slow down, you can do this. Be present. Really feel the words.

Just be you. That's all I can do I suppose. Upset tummy add all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment