Panorama of San Bernardino

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

The lil writer that could

Today is a good day. I'm feeling hopeful. 

I've been working on some projects for next year. I made a "to do" list and it definitely helped. One of the things I want to do is to translate my books to the screen. But I know that I need help, so I hired a coach. Maybe it's time to invest in myself and get this done. Plus, I know that I don't have forever. Turning fifty woke me up, as did Covid, to my own mortality

I have a feeling this is meant to be. Sometimes, you just need to believe. You see, I've always loved movies. The love of film and television was passed down to me from my father. And when I wrote my long memoir, I always pictured it being adapted to the screen. 

C'mon, I mean, for Pete's sake, there's a story in it called "Movie Time".  And although I've never written a screenplay, I do have a draft of a stage play of my memoir. Yeah yeah, I know, the genres are very different and I know there are action points you need to hit in a film. It can't just be family drama and dialogue. Or can it?

Some days, I wake up and tell myself, start your next book. Let these two books go and start your next project. Then a lil voice inside my head, and heart, which is the voice of my soul and intuition says, not yet, not quite yet... At other times, I hear my father's voice saying, "You can do this Jenny. You can do this."

So I will try. And keep on trying. The little writer that could. That's me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment