Panorama of San Bernardino

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Wonder Woman

Today is a good day.  I feel that I have come through the wringer and am dry.  There are no more tears to be shed.  Or lost dreams to mourn.  There are only new plans to make.

Part of it is just feeling well physically.  This has been a hard month.  I was swollen with all of the hormones and having been off them for a couple of weeks, I feel better.  And having gone through one of the hardest nights of my life with the miscarriage has made me stronger.  It had to.

When I was a little girl in the 1970's, I loved Wonder Woman so much that I had her picture on my wall.  I begged my mom to let me change my name to Lynda because I knew the real name of Wonder Woman was Lynda Carter.  I wanted to be Wonder Woman aka Lynda Carter so badly.  She was strong and brave and beautiful.  And, my little self knew Wonder Woman was somewhere inside of me just waiting to come out.

Some people say, "what would Jesus do?"  Instead I ask myself, "what would Wonder Woman do?"  Wonder Woman wouldn't moan or whine, "why me?"  No.  Wonder Woman would never do that.  Wonder Woman would twirl herself into super hero status and hop on her invisible plane to save the world, golden lasso and all.

In a way, after my ordeal, I felt transformed.  No longer am I a mere human.  Instead, I morphed into a bad ass Amazon who could take on the world.

And I got my hair done.  Don't underestimate the power of the hairdo.  It means a lot to look good and feel good.  And with my straight keratin hair and glasses, I have to say, and I know we're all thinking it, that if I squint at myself in the mirror, I resemble Lynda Carter in her heyday.

Just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment