Panorama of San Bernardino

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Food Wise

My relationship with food is complicated. 

The problem with food is that it is not something you can give up.  You cannot go cold turkey on turkey.  Instead, I must learn to live with my demon, albiet in a more sensible way. 

In case you don't know, I had gastric bypass surgery and for the last three weeks since surgery, I have been on a liquid diet.  The hard part for me now is getting enough food to sustain myself .  In the morning, I force myself to eat a cup of yogurt.  I cannot eat the whole thing.  The most I can get down is half a Yoplait.

So things have changed.  I have changed.  I have lost twenty five pounds and feel pretty damn good.

My cure was extreme I must admit.  I am not the only one.  Yesterday at the hair salon (I call it a salon but it really was just the Fantastic Sam's down the street), the woman who cut my hair had lost two hundred and fifty pounds after having the same surgery.  She still weighed over three hundred pounds. She told me how her biggest accomplishment was getting behind the wheel of a car again.  Yet, she still struggles and admitted to me that she can cheat and that she eats candy and drinks beer.

My surgery was not a panacea.  I should click my heels and say it three times so that I do not forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment