Panorama of San Bernardino

Sunday, February 19, 2023

Clearing out

I'm working on my podcast studio and office. It's also my closet. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm a clotheshorse and a t shirt hoarder. I have so many clothes and tees. It's becoming cumbersome because half of my stuff doesn't fit. 

There's something to tidiness. To organization. When I'm at my most creative, I'm my least organized. Yet, the chaos distracts me. 

Right now, I'm super busy. My calendar is impacted. I work full time and I'm taking a MFA workshop. And I have my podcast and I'm working on an adaptation of my books. It's a lot for my brain. The last thing I need is working in a messy studio office.

I'm best when I'm busy. But this is a bit much. I've had to cut down on a lot of social events. I've learned to say no. Even to opportunities because my husband deserves time too and we love concerts and Vegas. 

We're going to AWP in mid March in Seattle which is a big writing conference that I'm reading at and then seeing Depeche Mode in Vegas in late March. I had to turn down a rock festival that I had an opportunity to read at as we had already planned Vegas. I figure my performances in April, one in San Bernardino and one in Venice, make up for it. Then there's the cool world festival in May where I get to see Siouxsie and Iggy Pop perform. 

I think it's all balance and clearing out to allow ourselves to breathe. It's about finding the time to center yourself and focus. That's when good writing happens. When there's clarity. That and a couple of espressos always helps me. 

So back to the grind. I've already put aside three pretty cool bags for the goodwill. And I'll keep on this project tomorrow. I think I can said the girl. And I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment