Panorama of San Bernardino

Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Today today today

Last post was a little dark. I have been in a bit of a funk. I was perseverating on everything. I miss my dad, I can't have kids, my dog is sick, work is overwhelming and school is too much. All the negativity was just hanging over me like my very own dark cloud. My moods would change from happy to irritated in a second.

But then, I just started laughing. Humor really is the very best medicine. I laughed when I got stuck in traffic, and when I lost my phone, then my keys, for what felt like the fiftieth time, and I even chuckled when I hit my car door on my garage at work. 

When you're in your fifties, I think it's easy to get down. To let the day to day drag you under the sea. It's important to remember to break through the waves and breathe. And breathe again. I saw my great nephew on Sunday and was reminded that youth is also a panacea to getting older, and watching him run around a playground reminded me to remember that a little kid is still inside each of us. 

I guess what I'm saying is that life can change in an instant. I know this. So I just need to appreciate the now, and the today. That might even be my mantra this week. When I get stressed out, I'll say it under my breath three times and click my heels: today, today, today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment