Panorama of San Bernardino

Friday, December 2, 2011

Silver Lining

It has been one year since I started this blog.  The reason I know this is because tonight is the Riverside County Public Defender's Office's annual dance and awards gala.  Last year, I humiliated myself by getting more than tipsy and doing the sprinkler dance in front of my co-workers.  But, from that humiliation came the impetus to put my stories to the electronic page. 

Much has happened in the last year.  I had gastric bypass surgery and lost seventy pounds, two of my stories were published in the Inlandia anthology and most important of all, I started this blog.  I feel as if things are moving in the right direction.

That's the funny thing about life.  One moment you are doing a silly dance and feeling down on yourself and soon, everything changes.  I got my mojo back baby so watch out.  This next year plans on being one heck of a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment